Acquiring global talent with ease
In today’s business climate, clients often need to onboard foreign talent or transfer employees between global divisions. MT?iplus represents the evolution of the McCarthy Tétrault’s Immigration Law Practice, combining the firm’s longstanding experience and excellence around immigration law with new technologies to enhance efficiency and deliver better results.
Talent sourcing and migration has become vital to a company’s strategy in driving success. New hires and current employees need to move with ease and the MT?iplus team is comprised of lawyers and legal professionals experienced in navigating immigration matters and familiar with the sensitivities of immigrating.
MT?iplus can help in several ways:
- Obtaining temporary residence, including work permits (Labour Market Impact Assessments and International Agreements, such as NAFTA), study permits, and temporary resident visas;
- Obtaining permanent residence (Express Entry, provincial programs, family sponsorships), renewing permanent residence cards, and advising on permanent resident status;
- Obtaining Canadian citizenship and advising on citizenship issues;
- Advising employers regarding immigration laws and obligations, compliance and audits, and global mobility policies;
- Advising on and preparing applications relating to inadmissibility.
- It is a division of McCarthy Tétrault. MT?iplus remains a wholly owned division of McCarthy Tétrault LLP and continues to offer the optimal level of legal immigration support and personal attention tailored to client needs.
- Unsurpassed national capability. Clients benefit from the highly specialized knowledge of our team of immigration experts in our Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montréal offices, some of whom have previously worked within Immigration Canada.
- Global resources and reach. Additionally, we have offices in New York City, NY and London, UK.
- We help family members. We understand that immigration is not simply a legal matter; it has a highly personal component, too. We help the family members of transferred workers apply for employment or student authorizations, and assist where possible on relocation issues.
Step by step, we lead you through the process of acquiring necessary authorizations. Working collaboratively with immigration officials, we help to ensure the most efficient processing possible for workers arriving from outside Canada.